You're Gunna Want To Make These FLAVOR PACKED 15 Minute Thai Meals
By Alex Chung
Senior Food Writer at Pro Home Cooks
Shrimp Thai CurryIngredients:
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon of palm sugar
- 3 teaspoons of fish sauce
- 4 - 5 makrut lime leaves
- 1 lb of shrimp, deveined & peeled
- Water, as needed
- 6 - 7 long beans, cut int 2 inch pieces
- Makrut lime leaves, thinly sliced for garnish
- Add oil to a pan on medium heat. Once it begins to shimmer add in your red curry paste and caramelize until dark red and super fragrant.
- Next, add in some palm sugar and caramelize for another minute. Then add in the fish sauce. This will help it from burning or darkening too much.
- Drop in some lime leaves and shrimp. Stir together and cook for 2 - 3 minutes before adding in the cut long beans. Cook for another minute.
- Finish with some thinly sliced lime leaves and serve with sticky rice.
Yum Gai SaladIngredients
- 4-5 lime
- 1 tablespoon of palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 - 3 chilies, sliced
- 1 lemongrass, sliced
- 3 small tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, slices
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Handful of scallions, chopped
- 3 eggs
- In a mortar and pestle, gently break down the palm sugar with juice of 4 - 5 lime. Then add in the fish sauce and mix together. Mix in some sliced chilies and lemongrass. Set vinaigrette aside.
- To a bowl, combine the roughly chopped tomatoes, sliced onion, chopped cilantro, and chopped scallion. Set aside.
- To a large pan or wok add in around ¼ cup of oil. Crack in all three eggs and fry on one side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Flip and fry for another minute. Remove from the oil and roughly chop.
- Toss the egg into the salad and pour over some of the marinade. Serve and enjoy!
Laab & Sticky RiceIngredients:
- 2 cups of soaked sticky rice
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon of dried chili powder
- 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette from above
- 1 teaspoon of dried ground toasted rice
- ½ cup of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk of scallion, sliced
- A couple leaves of mint
- Start by bringing a pot of water to a boil. Next, place the soaked sticky rice in a cheesecloth and then into a steamer. Steam for 10 minutes or until the grains of rice are separate but stuck together.
- Next, in a pot on medium low heat add in a little bit of water to lubricate the pot. Drop in the ground pork and break it up as it cooks. Once it's fully cooked add in the shallots. Cook for 1 minute.
- Next, add in the chili powder, vinaigrette, and toasted rice. Mix to combine & then add in all the herbs and mix to combine.
Stir Fried Mung Bean NoodlesIngredients
- 2 servings of glass or mung bean noodles
- 2 chicken thighs, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of fish sauce
- White pepper, as much as you want
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons of dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Pinch of white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 long red chili, sliced
- 2 - 3 stalks of green onion, sliced into 2 - 3 inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- Start by soaking the noodles in a bowl for 10 - 15 or overnight in your fridge.
- Next, combine 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, and as much white pepper as you want to the thinly sliced chicken thighs. Set aside to marinate.
- In a separate bowl combine 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, pinch of white pepper, and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix and set aside.
- To a wok or large pan add some oil and set the heat to medium high. Once it starts to smoke, drop in your chicken thighs and sliced onions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add in your sliced cabbage. Cook for another minute.
- Add in your noodles along with a little bit of water and the sauce. Stir and let the noodles cook.
- Next, mix in the tomatoes and chilies. Cook for 2 minutes and then push the noodles to one side of the pan.
- Drizzle in some oil and crack in the eggs. Fry and then combine with the noodles.
- Shut the flame off and then add in the green onions. Serve while hot!
Kombucha Fermenting School
Want to learn how I brew “Better than Store Bought” Kombucha At Home? Then click the link below to gain FREE access to my “Kombucha Quick-Start” video training!See More
Total Time - 24 hours
Overnight Pizza Dough
5 Ways To Preserve Summer
3 Easy Rice Cooker Meals
5 Creative Ways to Use Tomatoes That You Never Knew
Lacto Fermented Hot Sauce
Beginners Guide To Canning Peaches