Mutsumi Hinoura Shirogami Kurouchi - Utility Knife 13.5cm - The Petty
Featured on PHC
We will ship this product as soon as it's ready, which normally take 2-3 weeks after the order is received.
Mutsumi Hinoura Petty 135mm with Shirogami #2 steel core and stainless cladding with Kurouchi finish. It is highly recommended for busy cooks and equally great as a home knife. Ideal for cutting vegetables and meat that are too small for a Chef’s knife.
- Blade set in beautiful stabilised premium-cut maple wood in octagonal shape
- Very responsive to sharpening stones
- Steel Type: Shirogami / White Steel #2
- Maker: Mutsumi Hinoura Knife Handle
- Material: Stabilised Maple Burl
- Knife Type: Petty Handle
- Waterproof: Yes
- Weight: 0.3 kg
- Dimensions: 35 × 5 × 3 cm
- Blade Length: 135mm
- HRC: 63-64
Shirogami #2 is very responsive to sharpening stones, taking an extremely fine, biting edge easily. As shirogami and iron are both reactive, keep these dry when not in use to avoid rust. Please remember that the core is not stainless and should be dried after use (check our maintenance tips here). The blade will develop a dark patina with normal use, but any orange rust should be removed with a light abrasive or sharpening.
Like most equipment, knives need a little love and care. You need to sharpen them regularly and depending on the type of steel, dry them immediately after use. These are 3 general rules you should follow:
- Don’t put your knife in a dishwasher, ever.
- Store your knives either on the magnetic knife strip, knife stand, or sheathed in the utensil drawer.
- Don’t slide your knife, blade down, across the cutting board to clear away what you just chopped.