Flax Linen Baker's Couche
Fast shipping within the USA. See Details.
Professional grade flax linen baker’s couche for supporting proofing bread dough, especially baguettes. Placing dough between couche folds help shape the dough and prevents the dough from proofing into each other. It also wicks away a little of the dough’s outer moisture to help develop a skin, help hold the final shape and develop a crisp crust.
Dust with white and/or rice flour to prevent dough from sticking.
- Made of 100% natural flax linen.
- Untreated & unbleached.
- Choice of 24 x 36 Inches or 28 x 36 inches
- Finished seam on all four edges to prevent fraying
- Green or red pin stripes near one edge
- Imported from France
- Standard – 24″ x 36″ (suitable for most home bakers)
- Large – 28″ x 36″
Care instructions: Never wash a baker’s couch. Simply shake or brush off excess flour and air dry. If dough sticks, allow to dry and scrape off. Roll up to store.