How Mediterranean Meal Prep will Transform Your Week
By Alex Chung
Senior Food Writer at Pro Home Cooks
Roasted Beet PureeIngredients:
- 3 beets
- 1 head of garlic
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Handful of parsley
- Handful of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of tahini
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Drizzle oil over the beets and garlic. Add some salt and pepper.
- Wrap up the beets and garlic. Add a little bit of water to the garlic to make sure it doesn’t burn if you are using a grill. If you are using an oven set it to 450F.
- Cook for 30 - 40 minutes and then remove. Cut off the charred skin to reveal the perfectly cooked beets.
- Add the beets, parsley, walnuts, tahini, greek yogurt, lemon juice, cumin seeds, salt, 1/2 of the roasted garlic to a food processor. Blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Place in an air tight container and place in the fridge.
- 4 radishes
- 4 spring turnips
- 1 beet
- Vinegar, see instructions
- Water, see instructions
- Wash and pat dry the radishes and turnips. Peel your beets and slice everything into batons.
- Place in a mason jar and fill 1/2 way with vinegar. If you like it less acidic, fill it 1/3 of the way.
- Then pour in water to fill up the rest of the jar. Pour the liquid out and into a pot.
- Add in 3 - 4 tablespoons of salt, stir, and bring to boil to dissolve the salt.
- Pour the water over, let it cool down, and seal up.
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 lb of ground lamb
- 1/2 cup of parley & mint
- In a mortar and pestle, add in the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds, chili pepper, salt, and pepper. Grind until you have a powder.
- Add it to the lamb along with freshly chopped parsley and mint.
- Drizzle over some oil and let them sear on the the grill or pan. Flip & cook the other side.
- Remove from heat and save in an air tight container
- 700g of bread flour
- 2 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 450 grams of water
- In a large bowl combine the flour, yeast, sugar, salt, and water. Mix until dough forms and then knead for 5 minutes. Grease an air tight container with oil and let this rest for 1 – 2 hours or until nice & bubbly.
- Cut into 8 equal sized pieces and roll into nice tight balls. Cover and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Individual shape your pita and place directly onto your hot grill. Leave it on the grill and watch it puff up in size. Approx. 1 minutes.
- Give it a flip and let it cook for another 45 seconds. Take it off the grill and you have freshly made pita ready to go! Check out all the recipes I made with these pita here!
- 1 large cucumber
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of mint, no stem
- Roasted or fresh garlic
- 1 cup of greek yogurt
- Fresh squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by grating your cucumber with a box grater. Toss in some salt. To help draw out moisture.
- In the meantime, roughly chop mint and garlic. To a bowl, add the yogurt and chopped mint & garlic.
- Squeeze the water out of the cucumber and add it to the bowl. Add a squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper. Mix everything together and store in an air tight container.
- 2 cup of dried chickpeas
- 4 cups of water
- 1 cup of tahini
- 1/2 lemon
- Tablespoon of salt
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- Pressure cook the chickpeas for 45 minutes on high.
- Place the chickpea in a food processor along with the tahini, lemon juice, salt, and garlic.
- Blend until smooth and add the chickpea water (aquafaba) if needed. Taste it for any salt or lemon and adjust as necessary.
- Store in an air tight container.
Beet Puree ToastIngredients:
- 2 pieces of toast
- 1/2 block of halloumi
- 1 lamb patty, recipe above
- 1/2 cup of beet puree, recipe above
- Sliced cucumbers
- Start by toasting your bread. Cut up your halloumi and lamb patty into equal sized pieces.
- Drizzle oil to a pan and add in the cheese and meat once the oil starts to shimmer. Fry for about 5 minutes.
- To serve, spread some beet dip over the toast, finish with the crispy cheese and meat and cucumbers. Enjoy!
Crispy Lamb Lentil & Tomato BowlIngredients
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 lamb patties, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1/4 cup of water
- Salt to taste
- 6 - 7 carrots
- Salt and peper
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Preheat your oven to 400 F. Peel and chop your carrots into 2 inch pieces. Toss with salt, pepper, and honey. Cook for 15 minutes or until charred and soft.
- To a pot, drizzling in some oil. Once it begins to shimmer, add in the chopped onions and lamb. Fry for 2 - 3 minutes and then add the garlic. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Toss in 1 cup of lentils, crushed tomatoes, white wine, water, and salt. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes.
- Serve with the roasted carrots, tatziki, pickled veggies, and beet dip! Enjoy!
Hummus Bowls 2 Ways
- 1 cauliflower, chopped
- 2 -3 lamb patties
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup of hummus
- Pickled veggies
- Toss the cauliflower with olive oil and salt. Air fry for 15 minutes at 370 F.
- In the meantime, drizzle oil into a pan. Fry up the chopped lamb patties for 2 minutes before adding the chopped bell pepper.
- Spread about 1 cup of hummus to the bottom of two plate. Top one with the air fried hummus and the other with the crispy meat and bell pepper.
- To the crispy lamb hummus one, finish it off with some pickled veggies.
- Serve with warmed up pitas! Check out more recipes I made here.
Kombucha Fermenting School
Want to learn how I brew “Better than Store Bought” Kombucha At Home? Then click the link below to gain FREE access to my “Kombucha Quick-Start” video training!See More
Total Time - 24 hours
Overnight Pizza Dough
5 Ways To Preserve Summer
3 Easy Rice Cooker Meals
5 Creative Ways to Use Tomatoes That You Never Knew
Lacto Fermented Hot Sauce
Beginners Guide To Canning Peaches