I Built a Completely Customized Standing Desk (and it’s epic!)
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS.
Nowadays I have been making meals in my survival mode.
Building out my new studio from scratch has taken up a lot of the creative space in my mind. But that doesn’t mean cooking gets placed on the back burner. Nowadays I have been making meals in my survival mode. But no instant foods here! Just quick easy meals filled with a bunch of nutrients and veggies to sustain me through my busy work week. The first recipe in my “Kitchen Studio” series is a Hearty Veggie Pasta!
Just quick easy meals filled with a bunch of nutrients and veggies to sustain me through my busy work week.
The basis of this recipe and the idea of “survival mode cooking” is all about looking into your fridge, seeing what you have and making food on the fly. For me, I had a couple of veggies, some protein, a little bit of cheese and turned it one delicious pasta! If you want to make my hearty veggie pasta just follow the recipe down below. But don’t go crazy, if you don’t have some ingredients use what you got! Replace ingredients, add ingredients, there are no strict rules just easy flavorful meals!
Now that my belly is filled I can focus my attention on making the first part of my dream studio kitchen, which of course was my desk. I took a trip back home to make it with my dad who made me a cutting board that actually inspired my desk! You can watch the entire process and see all the details that went into making it in my video. We played around with a bunch of different woods and patterns to make one epic desk. But to take my custom desk to the next level I used products from fully.com to truly create a one of a kind desk!
My desk is now 100% adjustable for all of the crazy sitting and standing position I’ll be using thanks to the jarvis frame, arm, capisco chair, & LED desk lamp. I was even able to customize my desk some more by adding some extra space with the bamboo drawer! So, if you’re interested in stepping up your desk game I completely recommend heading on over to fully.com to check out their cool products!
- Start off by bringing some salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile heat up some oil over a medium flame in a large skillet and cut up the smoked pork into small cubes. Go ahead and throw the pork cubes into the hot oil to get a good sear on them.
- Next, roughly cutting up all the veggies (eggplant, mushroom, & patty pan squash) into 1 inch cubes and toss those guys in with the pork to cook for 5 minutes. You just want them al dente.
- While, the veggies are cooking cut up the scallions and garlic into small pieces and the cherry tomatoes in half.
- By this time your veggies should be good to go. Take the veggies out and replace them with another drizzle of oil along with the chopped-up scallion and garlic.
- Into the pan, throw in the cherry tomatoes and mash them down with a potato masher to release the juices and break them down.
- To finish off the sauce add in the red wine vinegar and set the sauce to low heat just to keep it warm.
- By this time your water should be boiling so drop in your pasta and cook until its almost al dente.
- Now it’s time to bring everything together! Into your sauce add back all your veggies along with the cooked pasta and the reserved starchy pasta water.
- At first it will seem soupy but continue cooking until you get a nice luscious sauce that coats every noodle.
- Finally, to finish it all off grate in about ¼ cup of goat cheese and a couple cracks of black pepper. Give it one last good toss to combine everything and your meal is ready for today and tomorrows lunch!