Shinji Fujishita Kurouchi - Vegetable Knife 16.5cm – Nakiri
This Shinji Fujishita Nakiri knife with Aogami AS core and kurochi finish will become a great addition to your knife collection. The shape of the blade will allow you to effortlessly rock the blade when needed to cut through every vegetable in your path. This knife can be used by both right and left-handed cooks.
- Blade set in a traditional magnolia wood handle
- Very responsive to sharpening stones
- Steel Type: Aogami Super
Keep this blade dry when not in use to avoid rust. Please remember that the core is not stainless and should be dried after use (check our maintenance tips here). The blade will develop a dark patina with normal use, but any orange rust should be removed with a light abrasive or sharpening.
Like most equipment, knives need a little love and care. You need to sharpen them regularly and depending on the type of steel, dry them immediately after use. These are 3 general rules you should follow:
- Don’t put your knife in a dishwasher, ever.
- Store your knives either on the magnetic knife strip, knife stand, or sheathed in the utensil drawer.
- Don’t slide your knife, blade down, across the cutting board to clear away what you just chopped.