Banana Bread Recipes - Pro Home Cooks
By now everyone’s bananas probably looks like mine right now. Totally black and a little mushy but even though they aren’t the best for eating in smoothies or just like that, they are perfect for baking. When bananas start spotting or just go full on black it means that the starch in the bananas are being broken down by the sugar which is why it starts to turn brown and get all mushy. However, when it comes to using those bananas in baked goods it means not having to use as much processed sugar than you normally would because you are using more naturally occurring sugars in the blackened bananas. So here are three banana recipes from a full chocolate explosion to a vegan fruity & tarty banana bread to the classic oat and chocolate chip banana muffins to inspire you to use those overly ripened black bananas!
The first recipe is this vegan raspberry banana bread! It doesn’t need any eggs and is still light and fluffy so you can save those eggs for another recipe. I love the addition of the raspberries or any tart berries or fruit you have on hand because it adds a great fruity flavor to cut through the sweet and creamy banana flavor. Plus all those healhty topping add such great texture!
Vegan Raspberry Banana Bread:
- 2-3 ripe Bananas
- ½ cup Flavorless oil
- ¾ cup of Coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 cup Frozen raspberries (not thawed) or fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped macadamia nuts
- Coconut Butter, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash together the bananas until there are almost no lumps.
- Mix in the sugar and oil.
- Next, add in the flour, baking soda, & salt. Mix until just combined however, do not over mix! Fold in the frozen raspberries.
- Pour the batter into a 9″x5″ loaf pan that has been line with parchment paper. Making sure that any sides not covered by the parchment paper have been greased to prevent sticking.
- Top the bread with pumpkin seeds and chopped macadamia nuts or whatever toppings you’d like.
- Bake the bread for 45 minutes or until the center is slightly springy.
- Once it’s out of the oven and cool to the touch. Drizzle on some melted coconut butter and enjoy.
The next recipes is an absolute classic. Chocolate chip and oat banana muffins! This recipe is great because it only requires you to use 1 banana and makes 4 muffins. They are a great work from home snack or spread on some peanut butter for a light breakfast.
Chocolate Chip & Oat Banana Muffin:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ⅓ cup of whole wheat flour, or any kind of flour you have
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of chopped oats
- 1 super ripe banana
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and grease or line a cupcake pan.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the banana with a fork until everything is totally broken down.
- Next add in ¼ cup of sugar, ⅓ cup of whole wheat flour, ¼ teaspoon of baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, and pinch of salt. Mix until everything is completely combined.
- Fold in the 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips and 2 tablespoon of chopped oats. Pour batter into the prepared cupcake pan and bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
Last but not least is the double chocolate chip banana bread. Its perfect for those day that you need some chocolate in your life. It not only has cocoa powder in the batter but is also studded with chocolate chips. Instead of topping it with some almond meal you can finish it off with a chocolate drizzle after it cools off for a triple chocolate threat.
Double Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread:
- 4 super ripe banana
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup of cake flour
- 1/2 of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mash up 4 super ripe bananas. Whisk in 1/4 cup of oil, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until everything is combined.
- Sift in 1 1/2 cups of cake flour. 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, 3 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt, Whisk until most of the dry mixture has been absorbed.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of walnuts. 1/2 cup of pecans. and 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Pour batter in prepared pan and bake for 40 -45 minutes or until the middle bounces back when pressed or a cake tester comes out with a few crumbs.
By Alex Chung
Senior Food Writer at Pro Home Cooks
These Caramelized Ginger Chicken Thighs Are On A Different Level
There’s No Such Thing As Too Many Banana Recipes
Theres Always Room For Mushrooms!
The Greatest Hummus You’ll Ever Make
Caramelized Scallion and Fish Sauce Pasta
Spreadable Pickled Onions - Allium Relish
Jerusalem Bagel Recipe - Pro Home Cooks
Burnt Basque Cheesecake Recipe - Pro Home Cooks
Homemade Tortilla Recipe - Pro Home Cooks
How To Make Sprout At Home (With Sprouting Chart!)