These Squash Blossom Recipes Are Next Level
Crema De Flor De Calabaza (Squash Blossom Soup)Ingredients:
- 10 - 12 squash blossoms
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 hot chili pepper, sliced
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of cream
- 2 corn tortillas
- Start by removing the stigma in the center and the leaves around the edge of the flower. Click here to see how I did it!
- In a pot add 2 -3 tablespoons of oil along with thinly sliced onion, green bell pepper, garlic, and thinly sliced hot chili pepper. Cook on medium low for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Next, cut off the kernels of the corn and add to the pot. Toss in the squash blossoms as well and give everything a quick stir. Let the squash blossom wilt down, approx. 1 - 2 minutes. ( At this point, save a spoonful of the aromatics to make the quesadilla recipe below!)
- Pour in chicken broth, water, and cream. Rip in 2 corn tortillas and bring everything to a gentle boil. In the meantime, you can sauté a small zuchhini as a garnish if you'd like.
- Once the soup has just started to boil, pour everything into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour back into the pot and season with salt and pepper. Cook for another 2 - 3 minutes and then serve with sauté zucchini and fresh cilantro.
Squash Blossom QuesadillaIngredients:
- Aromatics from recipe above
- 2 quesadilla
- Melting cheese of your choice
- Spoon the aromatics to a tortilla. Grate the melting cheese of your choice over top and place a second tortilla on top to close it up.
- To a skillet on medium low heat, drizzle in a little bit of olive oil. Place down the tortilla and sear on both side until golden brown. (Approx. 2 minutes per each side)
- Cut into fours and serve with your favorite salsa!
By Alex Chung
Senior Food Writer at Pro Home Cooks
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips - Pro Home Cooks
7 Recipes You Can Make In A Pizza Oven (That's Not Pizza!)
Classic Corn Recipes Everyone Needs to Make
Cinnamon swirled pumpkin brioche is my new favorite sweet bread
Choose Your Own “Egg-Venture”
Chicken & Broccoli Is My Favorite Take Out
Beans… Beans.. Beans…
5 Steps to Fresh Tomatoes All Year Round
Can You Make a Good French Fry in The Air Fryer?
Cacoa Nibs are The Superfood You Never Knew You Needed
Beginners Guide to BBQ (Smoking Meats)